Do your Bachelor’s or Master’s degree abroad? A good idea, after all, international experience is a plus in any resume. But of course, there are also a few points that you should consider when going abroad to study for several years.
Everyone who decides to study abroad has their own reasons why he or she prefers to study abroad. But of course you can also see advantages and disadvantages in general. How much attention you pay to them and whether they influence you in your decision to go abroad is ultimately up to you.
Pro Study Abroad – The Advantages
- Improving foreign language skills
- Career advantage after graduation
- (Foreign) Gain experience (for life and cv)
- Meet new people, new country and a new culture
- Make contacts and "network"
- Better study conditions
- Independence, independence and flexibility are promoted
- Degrees are now recognised
- No admission restrictions
Contra Study Abroad – The Disadvantages
- Double burden of studies and foreign language
- High tuition fees
- Strain on social contacts (friends and family)
- Possibly additional examinations after graduation (doctors and lawyers often can not just work everywhere)
- High planning effort
- Cultural differences